What Is 5-HTP?
A naturally occurring amino acid in your body, 5-HTP is well-known for its ability to promote deep, restful sleep. Try these 5-HTP tablets and wake up feeling revitalised every morning! Exclusively sourced from Griffonia Simplicifolia extract, this is a potent sleep aid that you can count on.
Aside from promoting better sleep, 5-HTP has other benefits too. One of the most important is how it helps regulate mood. Taking 5-HTP can support better relaxation and stress management. If your responsibilities are starting to feel overwhelming, this natural supplement can help.
5-HTP is also great for healthy weight management! Research shows that taking this amino acid can help reduce your appetite, so you’re less likely to cheat on your diet or binge eat. Make weight loss easier by adding 5-HTP to your daily regimen.
The Science Behind 5-HTP
5-HTP is the precursor molecule for serotonin, which in turn is the precursor for another neurotransmitter known as melatonin.
When we take 5-HTP, we’re essentially providing the brain with the building blocks it needs to manufacture these neurotransmitters. 5-HTP doesn’t directly stimulate the production of these compounds; it merely supports the natural production process by supplying the raw materials.
You can think of it like building a house. The construction workers will only make the house according to the blueprints. If they run out of any of the raw materials, they need to stop and wait until there’s more available.
At the same time, if extra materials are delivered, they will still only use them to build according to the designs they’re following.
The same is true for serotonin and melatonin. We can become deficient when there aren’t enough raw materials, but adding more won’t directly boost the production of these substances.
Here’s how 5-HTP works for its four main benefits:
- Weight loss — when serotonin is functioning normally, hunger is suppressed. This may help curb cravings while on a weight loss program.
- Focus & memory — serotonin is a critical messenger molecule in the brain; when levels are low, it can be difficult to remain focused and on-task
- Sleep support — serotonin is converted to melatonin in the brain, which is the primary regulator for the sleeping portion of the circadian rhythm
- Mood support — serotonin is involved with mood regulation. One of the leading theories for low mood is a dysregulation of serotonin in the brain.
Is 5-HTP The Supplement For Me?
5-HTP supplements are used to support serotonin production in the brain. The people who stand to benefit from this supplement fall into one or more of the following categories:
- Students or professionals exerting a lot of cognitive energy to perform their work (increased serotonin requirements)
- People looking for added support while engaging in a weight loss program (5-HTP can help curb appetite)
- People who have low serotonin levels and have spoken to a doctor about using 5-HTP supplementation
Ingredients & Dosage
Ingredients & Dosage
Amount Per Serving (1 Tablet):
Ingredients: Microcrystalline Cellulose (Bulking Agent), 5-HTP (from 8:1 Extract), Magnesium Stearate (Flow Agent), Silicon Dioxide (Anti-Caking Agent).
Take 1 tablet (400mg) daily with a meal, or as advised by your healthcare professional.